The MLB released their top-selling jerseys so far in 2016 with the All-Star break in full swing. While Mark Melancon and Starling Marte will be representing the Pirates in San Diego for the midsummer classic, it’s centerfielder Andrew McCutchen who is representing the Pirates on the backs of fans.
The MLB most popular player jerseys are based on sales from MLBShop.com of Majestic jerseys between Jan. 1 and the All-Star Game. While total numbers of jerseys sold were not available, McCutchen came in at No. 14 on the list, between Jacob deGrom of the New York Mets and Alex Gordon of the Kansas City Royals.
The Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals joined the Pirates as National League representatives on the list.
The list is as follows:
- David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox
- Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
- Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
- Jake Arrieta, Chicago Cubs
- Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
- Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
- Noah Syndergaard, New York Mets
- Salvador Perez, Kansas City Royals
- Eric Hosmer, Kansas City Royals
- Jacob deGrom, New York Mets
- Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Alex Gordon, Kansas City Royals
- Madison Bumgarner, San Francisco Giants
- David Wright, New York Mets
- Lorenzo Cain, Kansas City Royals
- Josh Donaldson, Toronto Blue Jays
- Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox