As most football seasons begin, there come some pleasant surprises in the first few weeks that help your fantasy team reach the promised land. Here are some week 2 players that could be that guy for you in a PPR league.
1) Julius Thomas: TE (Den) – 5 catches, 110 yds., 2 TD. Thomas was one of many targeted by Peyton Manning in the week one thumping of the defending Super Bowl champs. He could pan out to be the Dallas Clark of the Broncos.
2) Brian Heartline: WR (Mia) – 9 catches, 114 yds., TD. Heartline amassed over 1,000 yards receiving on 73 catches last year but only one went for a TD. He matched that total in week 1 last week and looks to be incorporated into the offense more this season.
3) Joique Bell: RB (Det) – 6 rushes, 25 yds., 2 TD, 67 receiving yds. Bell looks to be the Lions #2 RB behind Bush, who injured his thumb in last weeks game. Bell looks like he is the Lions goal-line duties and has the pass-catching abilities to give him some reps.
4) Jordan Cameron: TE (Cle) – 9 catches, 108 yds., TD. Cameron was targeted four more times than the second highest reception receiver for the Browns while racking up 61 more yards. Don’t be surprised if this trend continues with a Browns team trying to find it’s identity.
5) Terrelle Pryor: QB (Oak) – 217 pass yds., TD, 13 carries, 112 rush yds. Pryor, despite throwing two picks, put up ok numbers with his rushing. He could be a decend fill-in for a bye week QB on your roster.
6) Leonard Hankerson: WR (Was) – 5 catches, 80 yds., 2 TD. Hankerson only caught five balls, but his route-running abilities were praised by the Washington coaching staff and could help him get more targets from RGIII.
(Photo Credit: Ron Chenoy, USA TODAY Sports)