As competition in the PSAC is beginning to heat up, No. 20 IUP and Gannon continue to keep rolling.Both teams won each of their games this past week.
Gannon maintained the league’s best record and sit at 10-1 inside the PSAC. The Golden Knights picked up wins over Kutztown (76-61) and Edinboro (66-48). Against Kutztown, Gannon dished out 15 assists and committed just nine turnovers. Against Edinboro, the Golden Knights used a solid defense to hold their third opponent to under 50 points this season. The win was the seventh straight for Gannon.
IUP also extended its winning streak to seven after defeating Cheyney (84-62) and Cal (69-45). The Crimson Hawks got outstanding play from Brandon Norfleet, who averaged 19.5 points and 5.5 rebounds during the two games. The team’s seven-game win streak ties for the team’s longest this season.
Performance of the Week:
– Edinboro’s Henri Wade-Chatman scored a career-high 32 points in a win over Lock Haven. Wade-Chatman, the PSAC West’s leading scorer, made 12-of-27 shots from the floor. He also had eight rebounds in the win.
– Clarion’s Justin Grant scored a career-high 27 points against Shippensburg. The 20-point game was the first of the sophomore’s career.
– Gannon’s Adam Blazek became the school’s career leader in steals with hist 197th steal against Kutztown.
– IUP’s Brandon Norfleet scored 20 points on 8-of-12 shooting against Cal. He was named the PSAC West Player of the Week.
– Seton Hill’s Spencer Casson averaged 12.0 points and 9.0 rebounds per game this week. He was named the PSAC West Freshman of the Week.
Season Stat Leaders:
– Scoring: Henri Wade-Chatman (Edinboro) 19.5
– Rebounding: Raphell Thomas-Edwards (Gannon) 9.1
– Assists: Devante Chance (IUP) 6.3
Photo Credit: IUP Athletics